The DISCOVER Partnership has designed the workshop, “Preparing Your #Selfie for the Real World” to help college students prepare for the physical realities of living in a virtual world.
The workshop will be held at the Community Education Center, located at 4 Erie Avenue in St. Marys. The workshop is free and open to incoming college Freshmen to recent college grads living in Cameron and Elk counties. Attendees can choose one of two session dates: Monday, July 23 from 12:00-4:00 (lunch included) or Monday, July 30 from 5:00-9:00 (dinner included).
Workshop topics include:
· Digital Responsibility: How your “digital footprint” can affect employment
· What not to Wear: Tips on how to prepare for job interviews
· Financing Your Future: Understanding your financial aid package, college loans and repayment plans.
· Building Your Professional Network through LinkedIn: Tips to Polish your resume, understand the art of volunteerism, and Create your own profile
· Professional Dining Etiquette: tips to help you mind your manners and make a good impression at your future business meals.
The registration deadline is June 30, 2018 by calling the Community Education Center 814-781-3437 or emailing email@example.com.