The Community Education Center’s DISCOVER Partnership is hosting a FREE workshop series open to local college students. This 5 workshop series is intended to prepare students for success in the workplace. With the help of local employers, students will explore topics such as preparing for job interviews, writing an employable resume, recognizing the qualities employers are seeking and using social media to their advantage. Workshops are open to students beginning their freshman year through recent college graduates. Attendees may register for the entire series or for individual workshops. Companies who employ college students are encouraged to consider sending these employees. Workshop schedules and descriptions are as follows:
Wednesday, July 29th 2015 (RSVP by Friday, July 24th)
- “Ace The Interview”- 12:30pm-2:00pm: Learn tips on how to prepare for job interviews and how to look the part
- “How to Write a Winning Resume & Shine on LinkedIn”- 2:15pm-3:45pm: create your resume and learn how to utilize LinkedIn
- “Working your way to the Top”- 12:30pm-2:00pm: Get ahead in the workplace: develop the skills that employers seek in their top employees
- “Social Media Syllabus”- 2:15pm-3:45pm : What you need to know about social media, how it can get you HIRED or FIRED
- “Career and College Exploration”2:00pm- 4:00pm: Find careers and education that match your skills and interests. Intended for students who need assistance in finding a major, post-secondary education or career that is a good match
The CEC welcomes company representatives interested in participating on employer panels for each of the trainings. For more information or to register as a participant or panel member, contact the Community Education Center 814-781-3437 or visit communityedcenter.com.