What is an Apprenticeship?
- A paid period of training that allows you to learn a particular skill or set of skills that can last between one and four years
- There are a variety of sectors and industries, including manufacturing, agriculture, law, engineering, education, retail and art.
- The usual method of entry is through a standard application and offer process
- Candidates apply for a specific position
- Successful candidates are offered an apprenticeship
- The amount you get paid will depend on the level of skill you possess and the industry you choose for your apprenticeship. In exchange for working as an employee on a relatively low wage, you will be trained to learn a new skill. Understandably, your skill level is going to be zero when you first start out, but over time you will improve and so will your wages.